We offer this page as an example of the process of discernment and communication that EPC underwent in its transition to ECO.
EPC August 2013
- August 14 Update – August 14, 2013
EPC July 2013
- MEMBER LETTER – Member Letter – July 24, 2013
EPC May 2013
- MEMBER LETTER – Member Letter – May 21, 2013
The Session of Escalon Presbyterian Church and the Presbytery Engagement Team of the Presbytery of Stockton are calling an August 11 Congregational Meeting to conduct a final vote regarding dismissal from the PC-USA. In the letter mailed out to members of the congregation, the Session is recommending dismissal into the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO).
Documents to study:
- Laura Smit Interview: Member of the Theology Task Force, Professor at Calvin College
EPC March 2013
- March 10 Meeting – Advisory Vote Results:
In response to the Recommendation the congregation voted: 70 in favor, 2 against, 2 abstentions. The process now entered the next phase of working with the Presbytery Engagement Team – more information will follow.
- MEMBER LETTER – Member Letter – March 5, 2013
EPC February 2013
- ALL CHURCH LETTER – Congregational Letter – February 7, 2013
EPC January 2013
- ECO Rationale – (Why are some churches in the Presbytery of Stockton considering ECO?)
- ECOEssentialTenets – (More readable, higher font)
EPC Discussion August 12, 2012:
- EPC Discussion August 12: Our handout that was distributed
Presbytery Town Hall July 28, 2012:
On Saturday, July 28, close to 200 people attended an open Town Hall Meeting in which presentations were made from our staff, delegates and advocates from the 220th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.
Presbytery Town Hall March 10, 2012
On Saturday, March 10, close to 300 people attended an open Town Hall Meeting addressing the current theological and organizational state of the PC(USA), the active involvement of our own Presbytery in the midst of this changing landscape and an overview of the Fellowship of Presbyterians and newly organized ECO. To download the document that was handed out during the meeting click on the following:
Town Hall Handout