Elders | Deacons | Staff
Learn more about Elders, Deacons and Staff at EPC.
Governing Board of Elders
The governing body of Escalon Presbyterian Church is called the Session. The session is made up of elders and is moderated by our Pastor. The Session is responsible for the spiritual life and mission of the church and is made up of various departments that oversee many of the ministries here at the church. These include:
- Adult Ministries: Adult Bible Studies, Small Groups
- Youth Ministries: Sunday School, Youth Groups
- Church Life: Fellowship, Members, All-Church Events
- Finance: Stewardship, Budget
- Mission Outreach: Evangelism, Missions
- Trustees: Facilities, Personnel, Memorials
- Music: Worship Music, Choir
Serving Board of Deacons
The Board of Deacons is made up of elected Deacons. The Board is responsible for ministering to those in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress. The Deacons are organized around these ministry commissions.
- Worship: communion, flowers, greeters, lay readers
- Shepherding: provide meals for funerals, shut-ins, illness
- Visitation: prayer chain, elderly visitation, card ministry
- CARE: coordinating with our local Escalon food-bank
- Deacon’s Fund: emergency, one-time assistance
The Nominating Team nominates potential officers from the congregation to serve in leadership.
Considering Serving as an Officer?
Choose a link below to view information related to serving as an Elder or a Deacon at EPC, and to view the Essential Tenets of our denomination. All prospective officers should read the appropriate documents and have first watched the video below:
Click here to learn about what it means to be an elder and the expectations for service: Elders at EPC
Click here to learn about what it means to be a deacon and the expectations for service: Deacons at EPC
Click here to learn about what beliefs define the theological commitment for elders and deacons at EPC: Essential Tenets